Canon 400D/Rebel XTI noise tests and RAW files

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wayne J. Cosshall, Oct 17, 2006.

  1. Hi All,

    I've just posted on DIMi both daytime (short exposure) and nighttime
    (long exposure) image noise tests of the Canon 400D/Rebel XTi digital
    camera:
    <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/cameras/camtests.php>

    RAW files are available for download of all the tests.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
    http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
    Coordindinator of Studies, Multimedia and Photomedia, Australian Academy
    of Design
    Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Oct 17, 2006

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    RichA Guest

    Why, in the name of GOD would you shoot through what looks like a mile
    of heat waves to determine resolution?! It's nuts!

    RichA, Oct 17, 2006

  3. Back to school for someone? Wayne quite specifically stated he was
    testing only for noise.

    David

    David Littlewood, Oct 17, 2006
  4. Thanks David. I did try to make it obvious.

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Oct 17, 2006
  5. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Mark² Guest

    Rich:
    One can test for NOISE...even with a shot that is ENTIRELY out of focus.
    I can assure you that "GOD" sees the needlessness of your objection just as
    anyone else who can read.

    Mark², Oct 18, 2006
  6. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Rich Guest

    Darn, I could have sworn I saw the word "resolution" used but I went
    back to check the images....and they seem to be gone. What I did see
    (after going down the lists of cameras down the page) were different
    images. So what happened to the long-range daylight building shots,
    replete with tons of heat wave effects???

    Rich, Oct 18, 2006