    lenses but can be overcome with a chip in the lens?!! Anyone managed to get
    Sigma to do this in the UK?

    Steven.

    Steven Campbell, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Steven Campbell

    Big Bill Guest

    Check with Sigma.
    If the camera is too old (their call), it can't be chipped.
    If it can be chipped, ask them how to get it to them.

    Big Bill, Feb 3, 2005

  3. They used to have a list of re-chippable lenses on their website. Yes, they
    rechipped one lens for me, but not the older one.

    Malcolm Stewart, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Steven Campbell

    Vic Guest

    He means the lens.
    It depends on its age. They wouldn't chip my old 24mm prime - too old.

    Vic, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Steven Campbell

    traction Guest

    Yeh Its a lens problem, needs to be rechipped.. They did it for me free,
    inclusive with a lens service, I pay postage to them only- Excellent service
    , although it did take 14 days...All in all hassle free...

    traction, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Steven Campbell

    Canongirly Guest

    Yep not only did they re-chip a lens for me they serviced it too.

    Canongirly, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Thanks everybody for the advice but does anyone know how I should go about
    it. Is it just a case of emailing them at
    http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/a_pages/contact.htm or do they have a
    dedicated web page for this kind of thing. I can't find anything on their
    site about re chipping.

    Steven.

    Steven Campbell, Feb 3, 2005
  8. Steven Campbell

    Canongirly Guest

    [email protected][REMOVE-THIS-BEFORE-SENDING]sigma-imaging-uk.com

    service at sigma-imaging-uk.com

    Canongirly, Feb 4, 2005
  9. Steven Campbell

    Big Bill Guest