    going for over $1100 to $1200, dum fools are buying them up so the sellers
    can get a new 20D for a few more bucks. Hope to see the 10D for as little as
    $875 new.

    Don, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Don

    Drifter Guest

    Shortly after I bought my 10D (last October) I was seeing ebay
    auctions where people were paying $1,900 to $2,500 US for them. I
    kept wondering if they were just getting carried away in the bidding
    or if they were someplace where the 10D was hard to get.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    Well there goes Nikons D70s sales.

    Don, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Don

    macro Guest

    Yes, this certainly isn't going to make a lot of people at Nikon very
    happy. The D70 was better than the 10D but is inferior to the 20D. The
    D70 is down to $1000 now though, which is quite a bit cheaper than the 20D.

    Both manufacturers are trying to grab the DSLR market early, as once
    people buy a lens or two, they are locked into the respective platforms,
    potentially for life. Both Canon & Nikon are seeing big gains in their
    lens and accessory sales.

    macro, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Don

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 20, 2004
  6. Don

    gmr2048 Guest

    While I would love to see this happen (since I'm in the market for a
    DSLR), I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. If Canon did that, it
    would cut into the sales of their 300d. At least until the stock of
    old 10d's were gone.

    -gary
    http://www.eighteenpercent.net

    gmr2048, Aug 20, 2004
  7. The big appeal of the 20D is the EF-S mount.
    The 300D can use EF-S lenses - the 10D can't.

    I would never buy a Canon 10D because getting
    decent wide-angles for it would ruin me.

    Gisle Hannemyr, Aug 20, 2004
  8. Don

    des Guest

    That is why I was about to get the D70, because of the Nikon 18-70 lens
    (a great range for my needs and couldn't afford that range in the
    Canons). But now that Canon is coming out with the new 17-85, and one
    of these days I might even afford the new 10-22, it looks like I am
    going to go with the 20D. Nothing against the D70, its a great camera
    especially for the price, but I will spend the extra for a camera that
    offers a little extra.

    des, Aug 21, 2004
  9. Don

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Check out what that will do to prices for the 300D.
    A $1500 price (body only) for the 20D will, in my
    opinion, shake up the entire industry.

    ----- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Aug 21, 2004