    critically from anyone that has experience with both. Thanks in
    advance.

    , Sep 21, 2005

  2. Look here...

    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=37&sort=7&cat=2&page=2

    and here

    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=14&sort=7&cat=27&page=2

    User reviews of both lenses...

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Sep 21, 2005

  3. JohnR66 Guest

    Canon's own MTF charts seem to indicate the zoom being sharper except at the
    edges. The 200/2.8 seems to be an older design. Compare to the MTF charts of
    any of the other L series tele primes, it seems to be left behind. Not sure
    if the zoom will fit on Canon's teleconverters, but it should work fine on a
    1.4x and retain AF.

    I'd go for the the zoom in this case. It performs very good for a zoom lens.
    My only wish is that it had IS. My 300/4 L has IS and it is a godsend.

    John

    JohnR66, Sep 22, 2005