    Is there a Lens somewhat the same size for the Nikon D70 with the 28-300
    range.

    I like the looks of the Canon lens, maybe I need to go to the Canon Side.

    SteveJ, Jun 9, 2004

  2. To hell with Canon and Nikon. You need to come over to the Sigma side.
    The DSLR cameras are way better, and the same focal ranges are covered
    by the Sigma SA mount lenses.

    Hope this helps.

    -Orville

    Orville Wright, Jun 9, 2004

  3. SteveJ

    Prometheus Guest

    http://nordicgroup.us/sigma/

    Prometheus, Jun 9, 2004
  4. SteveJ

    gsum Guest

    Nikon have several lenses at that focal length range. They have
    cheap consumer grade lenses throught to pro and VR.

    Whatever you decide, stay away from Sigma. Some of their lenses
    aren't bad optically but the general construction is not as robust as
    Nikon/ Canon gear and some have design flaws.

    Graham

    gsum, Jun 9, 2004
  5. SteveJ

    gsum Guest

    Preddy poor advice

    gsum, Jun 9, 2004
  6. SteveJ

    Mick Sterbs Guest

    Oh god help us. A comedian.

    Mick Sterbs, Jun 9, 2004
  7. SteveJ

    SteveJ Guest

    I think I have the lens,
    Sigma's colors fall to shit on the upper ISO, NO thinks.

    SteveJ, Jun 9, 2004
  8. How do you keep track of all your identities, George?

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 9, 2004
  9. SteveJ

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    I favor the Canon lens line. In particular, they have some with image
    stabilization, and I'm not sure there are any Nikon lenses with IS.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 9, 2004
  10. SteveJ

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    "Come over to the Sigma side": Sounds like a Darth Vadarism :) Freudian?

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 9, 2004
  11. SteveJ

    Skip M Guest

    There are several Nikon lenses with VR (Nikonian for IS), the 24-135, 70-200
    and 80-400 spring to mind. Nikon does not have an equivalent of the 28-300
    IS, though.

    Skip M, Jun 9, 2004
  12. SteveJ

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Thanks for that! Any links to how they implement "VR" and reviews of
    its performance? I know the Cananom system and know it works.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 9, 2004
  13. SteveJ

    Skip M Guest

    No real idea, I'm a Canon guy, too. But it seems to work pretty much the
    same as IS, the 80-400 was their first effort, and not as good as the Canon
    100-400, both optically and stability-wise. And it didn't have AF-S, Nikons
    version of USM. The newer 24-120 and 70-200 f2.8 have very good
    stabilization, very good optics, and include AF-S.

    Skip M, Jun 10, 2004

  14. I have no connection to the George Preddy character, if that is what
    you are implying. Get your facts straight before you accuse people of
    incorrect bullshit.

    Hope this helps.

    -Orville

    Orville Wright, Jun 10, 2004
  15. SteveJ

    Skip M Guest

    Your posting path is the same as his...

    Skip M, Jun 10, 2004
  16. Hope this helps...here's a quarter...go buy yourself a clue.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 10, 2004
  17. I post from my personal account using no aliases. I am *NOT* George
    Preddy or Orville Wright. I do not own any Sigma products nor do I
    advocate that others should.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 10, 2004
  18. SteveJ

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Orville Wright)
    stated that:
    You're a liar, Preddiot.

    Lionel, Jun 10, 2004
  19. SteveJ

    Lionel Guest

    He was replying to The Preddiot's latest sock-puppet identity (Orville
    Wright), not to you.

    Lionel, Jun 10, 2004
  20. 1. I'm not Preddy

    You share the same mindless zeal for a mediocre product.

    Hope this helps...

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 10, 2004