Canon 10D lens choice and comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Art Salmons, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. Art Salmons

    Art Salmons Guest

    I'm currently a film only photographer with a Canon system. I have two
    Canon 1N bodies and the following lens.

    Canon 20mm f2.8
    Canon 50mm Mark I f1.8
    Canon 85mm f1.8
    Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro (does the macro lens still work on the 10D as a
    macro)
    Canon 28-70mm f2.8 L
    Canon 28-135mm IS

    I'm getting a Canon 10D to start shooting digital and I understand the
    multiplier factor for the lens and I just sold a non IS 300mm f4 L
    which I will probably regret once I go digital because a 480mm f4
    would be awesome.

    I'm also thinking of getting a 70-200mm f4 L. I Know I would love the
    f2.8 IS version of this lens I don't want to spend the extra money and
    quite frankly lug around the extra weight. I sold my 80-200mm 2.8 L
    because I never used it and didn't like the weight. The 70-200mm f4
    would be a 112-320mm f4 lens is lighter and seems like a nice
    solution.

    I just bought the 28-135mm IS lens and haven't used it yet but it
    seems like a perfect lens for walking around at 45mm-216mm IS lens.
    The 70-200mm f4 may be redundant so I'd like some thoughts from this
    group. Another option is the 200mm f2.8 L lens which equates to a
    320mm f2.8 lens.

    Art Salmons

    Art Salmons, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Art Salmons

    Mr Jessop Guest

    If you must have 300mm of lens then the canon 100-300 is optically
    outstanding considering its price.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Art Salmons

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Not my take. I retired mine (actually loaned it to my dentist).

    But it is no worse than any othe XX-300 lens in its price range; they
    all seem to soften above 200mm.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Oct 17, 2004