    Hi
    Did any owner of 10D try to use Metz 45 with 3102 adapter?
    regards George

    J.P., Nov 22, 2003

  2. J.P.

    Mike Guest

    Hi George,
    Make sure the trigger voltage does not fry your camera because old film
    flash gus have a higher trigger voltage than digital ones. I would write to
    the manufacurers to find out because anyone can say yes thats ok to use but
    will deny everthing when you have zaped your shiny new camera.
    MikeS

    Mike, Nov 22, 2003

  3. J.P.

    Jim Townsend Guest

    As far as I know, the only Metz flash that will work correctly with the 10D is
    the 54MZ-3..

    You can probably get other Metz units to flash, but they'll flash at full power
    as there will be no metering.

    And.. As someone has already suggested.. Make sure the voltage at the pins
    isn't too high.

    Jim Townsend, Nov 22, 2003
  4. J.P.

    Lisa Horton Guest

    The Metz 45 line does not do E-TTL, no matter what adapter you use. To
    use this flash with the Rebel, you'll need to use "auto" or in Metz
    lingo, "telecomputer" mode. In actual use, this gives little away to
    E-TTL in terms of real world results.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Nov 22, 2003