    Wendy S Guest

    I've read several comments about the flash on these cameras popping up by
    itself. Can this be disabled in either/both cameras?

    Wendy S, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Wendy S

    Peter Roed Guest

    I only can speak for the 300d:

    in P, A, Tv and Manual the flash does not pop up manual.
    In the scene modes (portrait etc) and full auto the program determines if
    the flash will pop up or not.

    Peter Roed, Nov 3, 2003

  3. There's always duct tape...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Wendy S

    Drifter Guest

    Drifter, Nov 3, 2003
  5. Wendy S

    Wendy S Guest

    Wendy S, Nov 3, 2003
  6. Wendy S

    Mark M Guest

    It ONLY pops up automatically in the green box "Dummy" mode (full auto).
    It will pop up in all other modes, but only when you tell it to (by pushing
    a button).

    Mark M, Nov 3, 2003
  7. It only pops up in dummy mode.

    I've played with the camera a bit and the automatic flash modes are the
    absolute worst I've ever seen. The camera doesn't take in any ambient
    light so the photos look like they're illuminated by a flashlight.
    Using night mode or Tv mode to force longer exposures is a must.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Nov 3, 2003
  8. Wendy S

    RustY© Guest

    Nope, sorry Dave, camera reports a fault and packs up if the flash is
    impeded. It gets fouled by my baseball cap every time !

    RustY©, Nov 3, 2003
  9. Wendy S

    stan Guest

    Just choose a setting where the flash won't be used. I have the Digital
    Rebel and if I don't want the flash to deploy, I simply set the camera
    accordingly. No big deal.

    stan, Nov 4, 2003
  10. Wendy S

    Lansbury Guest

    glad I'm not the only one :)

    Lansbury, Nov 4, 2003
  11. Wendy S

    Ron Hunter Guest

    EAsy fix, turn the cap around, or take it off. You could try turning
    your head around, but that might be painful... Grin.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 4, 2003
  12. Wendy S

    Stewy Guest

    A piece of selotape is probably the easiest solution.

    Stewy, Nov 4, 2003
  13. Wendy S

    Mark M Guest

    Really?
    I rather think that reading the camera's manual is the easiest solution.
    A little information will out-do tape here...

    Mark M, Nov 8, 2003