Cano S9000 Colour reproduction problems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Phil Passmore, May 16, 2004.

  1. Hi all, I have just bought a Canon S9000 photo printer, and am having
    some problems getting accurate colour rendition.

    I am Using Adobe Photoshop Elements (although my problems also occur
    when printing from other applications), running on a Win XP machine, to
    print JPG files from my Canon digital SLR

    There are areas of the print where an orange colour has been replaced by
    a green hue, and some areas of blue seem to have a pronounced magenta
    shift.

    The photo reproduces fine from Photoshop Elements to an Epson 870
    printer without any manipulation, but I am at a loss to get it to turn
    out right with the Canon.

    I do realise that the reproduction colours can differ from those on the
    screen, but this problem seems a little more specific in the areas that
    are affected, than just a general colour cast would suggest.

    I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Canon, all the
    nozzles are firing cleanly, and all the inks are installed in the right
    slots.

    Any help would be gratefully received.

    Phil Passmore, May 16, 2004

  2. IS this a second hand printer?

    Not for Publication, May 16, 2004

  3. Phil Passmore

    Beck Guest

    I was reading a letter in a photography magazine recently regarding a
    similar problem with Adobe. The man had a problem with Photoshop (not sure
    which version) printing pictures badly, yet Paint Shop Pro printed them
    fine. The reply was that each program prints in very different ways and you
    will often get differing results due to how the programs handle the colour.
    You might like to try Paint Shop Pro, or another program just to see if you
    do get different results.

    Beck, May 16, 2004