    not list the printer name.
    Do I need a WIRELESS DESKTOP NETWORK CARD fitting to my desktop computer or
    am I missing something else? Please help!

    Guest, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    i have a similar problem over here, i have a laptop that uses a wireless
    connection with a Linksys wrt54gs router, and i can connect to the internet
    without any problem. my problem occurs when i try to connect (filesharing and
    printersharing) with the other computers that have a wired connection with
    the same router. I also executed the required steps in the Network wizard
    setup on all the computers, but nothing seems to work. Is this because i am
    trying to combine both wireless and wired connections for networking or is
    there another solution to this issue?

    Thank you very much in advance

    Bruno

    Guest, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Guest

    Frank Guest

    No, to both of you, because I have a wireless adapter in my laptop and a
    onboard nic in my desktop. I had the same problem, could only share the
    internet. What I did was turn off my firewalls (zonealarm), ping both pcs
    back and forth. pinged by name and ip address. Magic!!~ Once I was able to
    print, everything else fell into place. In my case it was the firewall and
    much browsing, pinging, etc. Computer browser service was on and started,
    that's another. wish I could say more, but that is what I did to get the
    sharing and printing working.
    good luck
    Frank L

    Frank, Jul 6, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'll try that thanks Frank. How do you 'PING' both a PC?

    Guest, Jul 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That was it Frank! I turned off my firewalls and went through the home
    network setup again.... I've got wireless shared files and printer! Thanks
    for your help

    Guest, Jul 7, 2005