cannot set dns maximum-length

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by khaight, Jul 31, 2006.

  1. khaight

    khaight Guest

    I am trying to change my dns maximum-length to something high.

    Everytime I try to do I get:

    ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    Here is the steps I am taking to set it up. (this is from the 7.x
    command line interface guide)

    hostname(config)# class-map dns-port
    hostname(config-cmap)# match port udp eq 53
    hostname(config-cmap)# exit
    hostname(config)# policy-map sample_policy
    hostname(config-pmap)# class dns-port
    hostname(config-pmap-c)# inspect dns maximum-length 1500

    Except when i get to the above line, I get this message:

    ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    My instructions are straight out of the Cisco CLI refernece guide.

    Any ideas why? Am I forgetting a step somewhere?

    My hardware is a ASA 5510.

    If you need my running-config, please reply and I will post it.

    Thanks!

    khaight, Jul 31, 2006

  2. khaight

    CJKoch Guest

    Hi,
    At what command is the marker showing under?

    CJKoch, Aug 2, 2006

  3. khaight

    khaight Guest

    Right here:

    inspect dns maximum-length 1500
    ^

    Right where i enter in the value.

    thanks!

    khaight, Aug 2, 2006
  4. khaight

    CJKoch Guest

    Im sorry for not clarifiying, but usually the marker is placed at the
    command that its having trouble with. like this

    gw7.NYC1>sh ip intra
    ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    see how the first 2 commands are good, but when i misspell interface it
    places the marker underneath?

    CJKoch, Aug 2, 2006