    anon Guest

    For some reason today my OE 6.0 is not allowing me to send emails to
    recipients with Yahoo (yahoo.com) email addresses? Help?

    anon, Mar 25, 2008

  2. anon

    Mike Easter Guest

    I suspect you are leaving out some very important details. For example,
    are you trying to send a mail with 50 or 100 yahoo addresses in the To
    or CC or BCC?

    Mike Easter, Mar 25, 2008

  3. ...and is he sending using his hotmail address, or an address from his
    ISP? Or maybe too much spam is coming from his ISP so yahooo is
    blocking all the ISP's mail servers...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 25, 2008
  4. anon

    Mike Easter Guest

    Or maybe hir provider's output server is being 'mistakenly' blocked by
    yahoo.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/24/aggressive_att_spam_filters/
    Enraged AT&T spam filter eats legitimate mail-- ... people who get their
    email from Yahoo.com, PacBell.net, BellSouth.net, or other domain names
    controlled by AT&T noticed a big drop in the amount of spam beginning
    sometime late last week. But at the same time, many of these users also
    found they were unable to receive email from legitimate sources.

    Mike Easter, Mar 25, 2008
  5. 'Ceptin' that article references AT&T Worldnet's 'blacklist' which works
    in the opposite direction of the OP's problem here. (I'm a Worldnet
    subscriber.) And it has been in effect for .. I forget exactly when, but
    more than a couple years. IP addresses are watched, and if one spams
    *toward* Worldnet, the IP address is blocked, no matter how many users
    may be on it. Most problems are with small companies who use shared web
    site mail servers, where the chance is high there is a compromised
    'contact us' form on one of the shared sites.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 25, 2008
  6. anon

    Evan Platt Guest

    No, don't provide anything that would help troubleshoot like an error
    message or anything.

    Evan Platt, Mar 25, 2008
  7. anon

    Mike Easter Guest

    That article is dated 2008 Mar 24. It is about the various ATT related
    providers such as yahoo blocking all kinds of IPs. If the OP is trying
    to mail a yahoo client and hir mail provider's output is rejected, that
    would/might cause the symptom the OP is trying but failing to describe
    very well.

    The article contains several links to forum discussions. This one is
    useful
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20193346-Has-ATT-andor-Yahoo-started-filtering-Spam
    Has AT&T and/or Yahoo started filtering Spam?

    Mike Easter, Mar 25, 2008
  8. Worldnet (att.net addresses, and the primarily dial-up service) has been
    filtering inbound spam for a long time. AT&T and Yahoo exists only as an
    integrated service with one of AT&T's regional DSL services, commonly
    referenced as AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet, or AT&T Yahoo! HSI.

    http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=6431

    S'far as I know, AT&T has no ownership interest in the Yahoo! company.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 25, 2008
  9. anon

    Mike Easter Guest

    The article refers to yahoo and others as "customers of AT&T-controlled
    email services"

    I'm relying on/ arguing/ the 'integrity' of the article's veracity. I
    have no personal knowledge of who is a customer of whose mail services.

    Mike Easter, Mar 25, 2008
  10. anon

    VanguardLH Guest

    VanguardLH, Mar 25, 2008
  11. SuperNews, home and hidey-hole of usenet uselessness
    comes directly to the uber-group with this queery :

    > For some reason today my OE 6.0 is not allowing me
    > to send emails to recipients with Yahoo (yahoo.com)
    > email addresses? Help?

    Please send your emails to gmail and forward a copy
    to your yahoo recipients of your much anticipated
    And follow-up with a nice detailed report.

    --

    My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

    ANNOY A LIBERAL :

    Work hard. Succeed! Be happy!!!

    http://www.jonregen.com/audio/WORDS_MUSIC_2003-I_Will_Be_H.m3u

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 25, 2008
  12. anon

    Evan Platt Guest

    The burden of proof is on the Plaintiff.
    Prove YOU can send e-mail to yahoo recipients. ;)

    Evan Platt, Mar 25, 2008

  13. Dear Yahoo (yahoo.com) recipients,

    Hi. Some dumasses cnat sned theyre email
    to you. To bad. So sad. Hears a tissue for
    the issue. Spam snadwtich. Pelsee read "anon"
    <> 's mails. Have a ncie dya!

    Yuor BFF,

    BB (That's spelt "B"-"B")

    --

    My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

    ANNOY BARACK OBAMA :

    Appoint him Honorary Grand Imperial Wizard (for having guts).
    Decorate his robes with lots of bling! Wear your pants low!

    http://www.jonregen.com/audio/WORDS_MUSIC_2003-I_Will_Be_H.m3u

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 25, 2008