Cannot send data on Internet after a certain amount of time

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Elson Trinidad, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. I have the most unusual problem and I've been pulling my hair out trying to
    get it solved.

    I recently got a DSL connection (SBC Yahoo!) after being on dialup, and now
    for some reason, after I've been online for a certain amount of time (as few
    as 10 minutes or as long as an hour), I am unable to do things like send
    email, upload files via the web (i.e. online photo album) or post in certain
    web-based forums.

    I *AM* however, able to browse the web, upload files via FTP, download
    anything, chat, or receive email with no problems at all.

    This is extremely discouraging especially when I have to send an email reply
    ASAP; I use Eudora 7.0 as an email client, and when I send mail, the
    progress bar moves to a certain point, then just stops there.

    The ONLY short-term solution is to reboot the computer. After which,
    everything works fine...until 10-60 minutes elapses and I have the problem
    all over again.

    WHAT IS GOING ON??!?!

    Here's relevant info as to what I have:
    2Wire 1710HG DSL modem (with hardware firewall)
    NVidia NForce Networking controller
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Norton AV with Internet Worm Protection (outgoing email scanning disabled)
    Windows Firewall is currently disabled

    I've even disabled power management on the network adaptor driver - problem
    still persists.
    I've even looked at stopped processes and restarted them - problem still
    persists.

    I'm normally good at solving my own computer problems, but this has me (and
    every expert I've talked to) stumped.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

    Elson Trinidad, Jan 22, 2006

  2. Elson Trinidad

    Old Gringo Guest

    Try using the SBC Self Support Tool. It can usualy cure issues you
    may have.

    Old Gringo, Jan 22, 2006