    changed to Outlook when I got this new computer yesterday. Can you help,
    please?

    bj

    BJ Lewis, Apr 17, 2005

  2. BJ  Lewis

    Old Gringo Guest

    Follow the instructions for setting up your email client here:
    http://earthlink.com/

    Old Gringo, Apr 17, 2005

  3. BJ  Lewis

    WormWood Guest

    Outlook is an email client and news reader, not an isp, Earthlink is an
    isp. Do you still have Earthlink or a new isp? What error alerts do you
    receive and what do they say, verbatim?

    WormWood, Apr 17, 2005
  4. BJ  Lewis

    Joel Rubin Guest

    There are three possible Earthlink outgoing SMTP server farms.

    NONE of them uses secure connections which is the Outbreak Distress er
    um Outlook Express default so you will have to shut that off if it's
    on.

    The allowable SMTP servers are:

    mail.mindspring.com (Atlanta - might be better if you are in the East)
    mail.earthlink.net (Passadena - might be better if you are in the
    West)

    smtpauth.earthlink.net - This will take mail from any IP but it
    requires login. ([email protected], password)

    Recently, smtpauth.earthlink.net has been on some anti-spam blacklists
    so you may have trouble getting mail to some places if you use it for
    the next few weeks.

    Joel Rubin, Apr 17, 2005
  5. BJ  Lewis

    Guest Guest

  6. Earthlink is an ISP...
    ....and Outlook is a local mail client.

    Please make sense.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 21, 2005
  7. BJ  Lewis

    Mike Easter Guest

    This is where I try to guess what he might've been asking by adding
    words.

    (H)ave been using earthlink's [TotalAccess frontend software] but
    changed to Outlook [Express] [from TA instead of re-installing TA] when
    I got this new computer yesterday.

    So, he used to be using EL's TA frontend which I think aids the user in
    the email configuration process or does it for him; now he's using OE
    which needs to be configured.

    EL provides screenshots for doing that.

    http://kb.earthlink.net/case.asp?s=st=637,e=0000000000272639214,k=7975,sxi=9&article=resid5835
    <makeoneline>

    For people who like to do EL the AOL 'frontend' way, EL provides TA --
    while most EL users prefer their own non-TA access.

    http://www.earthlink.net/software/main/ TotalAccess 2005

    TA also provides an accelerator for those on dialup, it also has a bunch
    of other stuff built into it - if you like that sorta thing.

    Mike Easter, Apr 21, 2005