    right. do i need a sound driver and a sound card? if so where do i get it
    and how do i install it?? i have a dimension xps r400. thanks if anyone
    can help

    chieyenne, May 19, 2005

  2. Re: cannot playback audio strem, audio not available or hardwarenot responding

    chieyenne wrote:

    > just trying to figure out why i dont get any sound. everythings hooked up
    > right. do i need a sound driver and a sound card? if so where do i get it
    > and how do i install it?? i have a dimension xps r400. thanks if anyone
    > can help

    Make sure you sound is not muted. At the bottom right side (next to
    your time) you should see the volume control. Make sure everything is
    all the way up and nothing is muted.

    Or try the Dell website for drivers. (or contact their support #)

    --

    http://www.safercomputing.com <-- your source for Internet Security with
    information on how to keep your system safe and spyware free.

    Tom - safercomputing.com, May 19, 2005

  3. chieyenne

    Aquanaut Guest

    "chieyenne" <> wrote in message
    > just trying to figure out why i dont get any sound. everythings hooked up
    > right. do i need a sound driver and a sound card? if so where do i get it
    > and how do i install it?? i have a dimension xps r400. thanks if anyone
    > can help

    you may have powered speakers etc---are they plugged into the mains and
    turned on?

    Aquanaut, May 19, 2005