    Compaq Presario 5310
    Windows XP Home
    512RAM

    Robin, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Robin

    John Guest

    It happened to me on my laptop. I could not get it to work again so I just
    installed WinZip.
    Problem solved.

    You can download it for free at www.winzip.com and to stop it asking for
    registration you can register using Winzip as the name and 22740687 as the
    registration number.

    John, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Thanks! I will try that...
    Robin

    Robin, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Robin

    Reid Decker Guest

    Since you have XP, try System Restore. Go back to before the problem.

    Reid Decker, Aug 10, 2004
  5. Robin

    Robin Guest

    That is the first thing I tried...no luck..
    Robin

    Robin, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Robin

    Unk Guest

    Windows XP File Association Fixes
    Look at the last one in the list...

    ZIP Folder Association Fix (Restores default associations for ZIP Folders)
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/zipfolder_fix.reg

    Unk, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Robin, Aug 10, 2004
  8. Robin

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    Unk, Aug 10, 2004
  9. My pc: Pentium II, Win. 98, purchased 1999. I have discovered my .zip is
    corrupted. I went to the WinZip site and found several versions can be
    downloaded. My questions: Which one should I download to match my win 98
    and should I delete the old files I still have since they are corrupted. My
    zip file is in a folder by itself. I have the .exe file which will not work
    as it says it cannot locate the required .dll's. The .dll's are listed in
    the folder as separate files.
    Thank you for your help and information.
    Shirley

    Shirley Smith, Aug 11, 2004
  10. Robin

    fyz

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    The zip file maybe really corrupt. If necessary, you may try some tools to repair the corrupt file. There is a tool called Advanced Zip Repair. I have used it to repair many corrupt Zip files on my damaged disks successfully. You can just try the free demo. Hope this is useful.

    Alan

    fyz, Jun 25, 2008