    Zone Alarm install,

    Thanks in advance
    Paul

    PJD, Aug 23, 2004

  2. PJD

    madmax Guest

    Are you using the Pro version?
    There is a BHO for acrobat.Perhaps zone sees it as a vulnerability.
    -max
    --
    To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail

    madmax, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Assuming that's the *latest* ZA, that's a possibility; it's been choking
    off other legitimate software like news clients.

    And in those cases, it's been reported that disabling it doesn't help,
    and that it requires uninstalling it to get back functionality.

    An excellent and very user controllable freeware alternative: Kerio
    Personal Firewall

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2004
  4. PJD

    SA Guest

    or they can ry cigate firewall. I can't remember the site though. Sorry.

    SA, Aug 23, 2004
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 23, 2004
  6. PJD

    WormWood Guest

    Open PDF files with AdobeAcrobat, it's FREE.

    WormWood, Aug 23, 2004
  7. PJD

    bill Guest

    had the same problem after installing adobeacrobat ver 6 (no choice drive
    crashed). for some reason ie6 doesn't lke acrobat6. had someone got to same
    site and read the pdf i wanted, worked fine, she had acrobat 5. loaded
    netscape7 tried again worked ok. netscape may not be the greatest but it
    likes more stuff than ie so i kept it for backup browser.

    bill, Aug 23, 2004
  8. PJD

    Jamco Guest

    to work around this, just set acrobat to open files in its own window, not
    in a IE window.

    Jamco, Aug 23, 2004
  9. PJD

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    if there is a previous installation of acrobat5, that must be uninstalled
    first..
    then re-install acrobat6.

    but, for the OP, if the pdf is linked from a site blocked by ZA, try
    disabling ZA and retry the link.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Aug 24, 2004
  10. PJD