    as Google Taskbar, but then cannot locate where the download went. I
    look in My Documents, but it is not there? Any suggestions?

    I can't even find it in Search.

    StevenSKS, Jun 11, 2006

  2. X-No-Archive: YES
    [] has entered into testimony

    Pay attention to where you save it at the time of download.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Jun 11, 2006

  3. StevenSKS

    Deano Guest

    Use Firefox with the Download Statusbar extension and you'll never have that
    problem again.

    Deano, Jun 11, 2006
  4. StevenSKS

    Whiskers Guest

    Does the program you used to handle the download have any sort of record
    of recent downloads and where they were put? Is it set up to put all
    downloads into some particular place if you don't specify anywhere else?
    does the plce you downloaded the stuff from have any indication of what
    should happen after you've downloaded it?

    Whiskers, Jun 11, 2006
  5. StevenSKS

    Thip Guest

    again. Make a note of the filename, then search for it. If that doesn't
    work, you don't have it for some reason.

    I'd recommend you direct future downloads to your Desktop.

    Thip, Jun 11, 2006
  6. the best thing you can do is to re install the google toolbar
    on your computer system

    frances martin, Jun 11, 2006
  7. StevenSKS

    Maybe Guest

    Thip's answer is the most direct and simplest solution to your problem
    -- do like he says

    Maybe, Jun 11, 2006
  8. ...but only if you want Google to know everything you do with your
    computer...

    My personal choice is to set up a c:\downloads\<programname> directory
    for everything I want to save. When the download dialog opens, direct
    yourself to it, then click OK.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 11, 2006
  9. StevenSKS

    StevenSKS Guest

    I am sorry, I guess I am not making myself clear.

    I pay attention to where I save it.... it never shows up there.

    I'd love to use Firefox but it I cannot download it.

    I try to download it directly to the Desktop. It doesn't show up
    there.

    I'd love to reinstall the Google Toolbar. I did that about 5 times.
    It doesn't appear.

    One clue I just noticed..... I noticed that it may have appeared in
    C:\Documents and Settings\Cookies, Type:Text Document
    what the heck does that mean? I specifically directed the download to
    go to Desktop. Any way to get into this Doc and Setting\Cookies file?

    StevenSKS, Jun 12, 2006
  10. StevenSKS

    Deano Guest

    May I ask how long you've been using Windows and computers in general? And
    if it is Windows posting the version is good form.

    Deano, Jun 12, 2006
  11. StevenSKS

    Mellowed Guest

    Try downloading any file from any place. Note the location where the
    file is going. Cancel the download. Then go to the same location and
    look for the missing file.

    : I recently have encountered this problem. I download a program, such
    : as Google Taskbar, but then cannot locate where the download went. I
    : look in My Documents, but it is not there? Any suggestions?
    :
    : I can't even find it in Search.
    :

    Mellowed, Jun 13, 2006
  12. StevenSKS

    StevenSKS Guest

    I tried that. It was suppose to be going to desk top. It never shows
    up.

    I try a search and it seems to be going to cookies. Is that possible?

    StevenSKS, Jun 13, 2006
  13. StevenSKS

    Thip Guest

    Yes.

    After you click "Save" to download the file, you should get a box that has
    "Save In" at the very top of it. That's where you choose the location to
    keep the file. If yours are going to the Cookies folder, then that's where
    you've directed your downloads.

    Thip, Jun 13, 2006
  14. StevenSKS

    StevenSKS Guest

    No. I specifically save the file to Desktop. I specifically check the
    Desktop box when the download Save In box appears. Some how it ends up
    in the Cookies folder. Is there some way to change this?

    StevenSKS, Jun 14, 2006
  15. StevenSKS

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    If you are sure you are saving it to the Desktop, then check the full
    path. Assuming you are logging on as your name, the path should be
    c:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Desktop

    Is your path different?

    Oldus Fartus, Jun 14, 2006
  16. StevenSKS

    StevenSKS Guest

    The problem is that I download the program and it just doesnt show up.
    Obviously something else is haywire.

    StevenSKS, Jun 25, 2006
  17. StevenSKS

    Pennywise Guest

    wrote:

    |>The problem is that I download the program and it just doesnt show up.
    |>Obviously something else is haywire.

    Save As, copy (write down) the file name
    Download
    search for the file name.

    Still can't find it, then google to view all files with explorer.

    Pennywise, Jun 25, 2006