    ..... but now hangs forever in "Setup is starting Windows". Any help will be
    greatly appreciated. In exchange I will help you with any IT support I could.
    Just email me to . Thank you in advance,

    netexpert, Jul 14, 2008

  2. Please do not start new threads with each update. Reply to your own thread.
    Please read my response to your first post. Generally, replies are made to
    the newsgroup so that others following the thread may benefit from the
    discussions and the resolution.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 14, 2008

  3. netexpert

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    This KB
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315335/en-us
    describes your PAGE_FAULT (etc.) error.
    It is for XP 32-bit but might as well apply to your case.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 14, 2008

  4. Try installing with 2 sticks of ram and reduce your dram speed to 667. You
    may not be able to run 8GB of ram at 800. Check the forum for your mobo on
    the mfg's website for what other users are doing. Just because a mobo is
    speced for 8GB and just because it supports 800 ram does NOT mean it
    supports 8GB at 800.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 14, 2008
  5. netexpert

    netexpert Guest

    Colin,

    First at all I would like to thank you for your help. I do appreciate your
    time and knowledge.

    It's fixed. Originally I purchased * GB (4x2) "This memory has been verified
    to operate at 800MHz at the low latencies of 5-5-5-18. Corsair's line of 4GB
    memory kits are designed for PCs featuring 64-bit operating systems."
    The Intel mobo did not support this latency. It worked just fine with
    Kingston PC-6400 800 mhz 8GB (4x2) latency (yes) 4-4-4-12 with Intel mobo
    DG35EC.

    After this, installation was completed.

    Thank you again.

    netexpert, Jul 18, 2008