    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    SgtMinor Guest

    Word has a decent help function, press the F1 key. You may find
    something like this:

    "I know I inserted a graphic, but I don't see it on the page.

    You may have turned on the Picture placeholders view option. When a
    document contains pictures, turning on this option improves scrolling
    speed by displaying outlines instead of the pictures. To display the
    pictures, click Options on the Tools menu, click the View tab, and then
    clear the Picture placeholders check box.

    You may have turned off the Drawings view option. Turning off this
    option improves scrolling speed when a document contains drawing
    objects, such as AutoShapes. To display drawings, click Options on the
    Tools menu, click the View tab, and select the Drawings check box.

    Field codes for linked inline graphics may be displayed. Field codes are
    instructions enclosed in field characters ({}). To turn field codes off
    and display your graphic, press ALT+F9.

    The graphic you want to see may be a drawing object — such as a text
    box, an AutoShape, clip art, or WordArt. Drawing objects are not visible
    in normal view. To view, draw, and modify drawing objects, you must be
    working in print layout view, Web layout view, or print preview."

    SgtMinor, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Alasdair Baxter

    7 Guest

    Dump if no success and get Open Office
    http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/
    Its open source, free and done up by techies.
    Say creating a photo album of 30 images with resolution like 1600x1200
    each picture - no problemo, handle pictures like thumb nails.

    7, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Alasdair Baxter

    Brian Guest

    FMD <sheesh>

    So I by myself a car and walk everywhere?

    Brian, Feb 4, 2005
  5. Alasdair Baxter

    7 Guest

    You will be if its broken

    7, Feb 4, 2005
  6. Alasdair Baxter

    Brian Guest

    So. Now, code can be broken beyond repair?
    be carefull now.

    Brian, Feb 4, 2005
  7. Thanks to everyone. I turned off the Picture Placeholders and all's
    well!

    Alasdair Baxter, Feb 4, 2005