    I would really appreciate some help on this please.

    Many thanks

    Richard

    Guest, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Guest

    fb Guest

    I'm running pro x64 and svr x64 r2 on a dual boot with a Matrox P750
    card and no problemo's at all.
    What install procedure are you following?
    Frank

    fb, Dec 28, 2005

  3. My P650 is recognised by x64 as a "Matrox Millennium P650".

    You should disable the onboard graphics adapter in the BIOS, but I am not
    aware of any motherboards with onboard Matrox graphics and if you are seeing
    a display the P650 is driving the monitor.

    Does the x64 Matrox driver setup routine recognise the P650?
    If you have tried several versions of the Matrox driver and control panel,
    uninstall them all in Add or Remove Programs and reboot so that you get a
    clean system before installing the latest driver.

    Are there any Other Devices showing in Device Manager? If so, uninstall them
    and rescan. It is possible but unlikely that you have two instances of the
    graphics card in Device Manager and the conflict is preventing the driver
    from installing correctly.

    Is the P650 correctly recognised in x86 XP Pro?
    Is the card correctly seated - fully home - in its slot?

    Dominic Payer, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Guest

    Richard Guest

    In his posting of Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Dominic Payer writes
    Dear Dominic and Frank

    My apologies for having not spotted your replies to my plea for help.
    All is now well thank goodness.

    As an afterthought, have you any suggestions how I can run two monitors
    each at a different resolution and refresh rate and each of them
    calibrated and profiled? I have tried this with two different cards
    installed, the Matrox 650 and a 450. As there are at present no
    monitor calibrators able to work in XP 64 so far what I am proposing on
    doing is moving the two monitor profiles across from XP32. The real
    snag is that I cannot get each monitor using it's own dedicated profile
    in XP32. I failed with 2k as well! Now on a Mac its no problem.....

    Cheers

    Richard

    Richard, Dec 31, 2005
  5. You can run two monitors at different resolutions and refresh rates with the
    P650 in independent mode but, as with x86, only the primary monitor can be
    calibrated and profiled with any one card. This is a limitation of Windows,
    but I believe it will be resolved when Vista is released.. See Display
    Properties - Settings.

    I understand that some calibration device drivers will be available soon,
    but some older devices will not be supported.

    As a profile relates to the monitor, transferring the primary x86 profile
    should work fine. I assume you know that the profile needs to be redone from
    time to time as the monitor characteristics change over time.

    Dominic Payer, Jan 1, 2006
  6. Guest

    Richard Guest

    In his posting of Sun, 1 Jan 2006, Dominic Payer writes
    Dear Dominic

    Thanks. I have a Matrox 450 that I can pop in as well and I really
    would like to find a way of calibrating and profiling this card and then
    being able to have this profile used just by the second card.
    The main display is a Sony Artisan and I very much doubt if Sony will be
    bothered to update their stuff to accommodate this as they have dropped
    CRT's.. The other monitors are dealt with with an X-rite DTP-92 and
    Optical.
    It also relates to a specific graphics card and a specific resolution.

    Snip

    Cheers

    Richard

    Richard, Jan 1, 2006