Cannot get IE to display pages whilst using Dialup connection

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blobby J Blobdom, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. I have a client who can use IE6 happily on his office LAN.
    Displays everything - no issues at all.

    His LAN uses fixed addresses through a gateway.

    Ive just configured a Siemens S55 Bluetooth phone to hook up to GPRS
    for him.

    The laptop and the phone pair easily and Dial Up Networking
    establishes a connection.

    I can ping the gateway, DNS and various remote servers.

    However, IE will not display pages. I get 'Connecting to..." but then
    shortly after 'page not found'

    Neither can I use finger or telnet.

    Ive checked for Spware/Adware and HTTP Proxy settings in IE all with
    no luck.

    Still scratching my head on this one.

    Any clues??

    Thanks :)