    the hard drive was in another computer. So how can I access this folder or
    delete it?
    Thanks Ron

    Rocket Ron, Jul 20, 2007

  2. Rocket Ron

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rocket Ron" <> wrote in message
    news:MSaoi.1151$...
    > Hi I took a second hard drive from a computer and installed in this
    > computer as a second hard drive and then installed Vista on it. I switch
    > between XP and Vista by choosing which hard drive I boot from in the
    > BIOS.I did not bother formatting the drive I just installed Vista on it as
    > I wanted to see what it was like and if it would work with my peripherals
    > and programs. So far I have had not needed to buy new peripherals such as
    > printer and scanner but the programs I use for my camcorder editing do not
    > run under Vista so I am keeping both hard drives. The problem is is that
    > there is a Documents and Settings folder that I cannot access or delete as
    > it was left over from when the hard drive was in another computer. So how
    > can I access this folder or delete it?
    > Thanks Ron

    Take ownership.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

    WhzzKdd, Jul 20, 2007

  3. Rocket Ron

    beckystorm

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    It's really a burden on our part once a problem occurs when deleting a folder, I was just so lucky to found the best tool that I could use to solve the problem right away. If you're experiencing the same problem, I suggest you try "Long Path Tool". This will help you, too. Especialy if you're like me, not so expert when it comes to computer troubleshooting.

    beckystorm, Feb 12, 2013