cannot delete file - cannot read from source file or disk (Need Help!)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bilal0khalid, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. bilal0khalid

    bilal0khalid

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, guyz, I have scrap data, it size is about 6 GB,
    I think these are incomplete downloads collected by mozilla firefox (History or something!)

    Check it out in this pic,
    http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/6899/41412528wj6.jpg

    I want to Delete this scrap
    but when i try to delete it, it shows an message
    "cannot delete file - cannot read from source file or disk"

    check it:
    http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1311/21647700ud2.jpg

    I have cleaned every thing from firefox's options > Clear my private data,

    I also tried to delete these files in "Safe Mode"
    But not worked,
    Help me guyz how can i delete this?

    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
    bilal0khalid, Mar 24, 2008

  2. bilal0khalid

    bilal0khalid

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    I used unlocker, But not worked
    when i right click on file and then i click on unlock it shows a little window and says " No locking handle found"
    Then i choose action "delete"
    It says
    Success
    "The object was deleted"
    But the file is still there

    bilal0khalid, Mar 24, 2008

  3. bilal0khalid

    bilal0khalid

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    I also used "File shredder",
    But it's not working,
    when i try to shred files

    It says,

    "Some files can't shred because it's in use"

    bilal0khalid, Mar 24, 2008