    left over from one of the Spyware/ Ad Aware programs that I uninstalled
    recently during a cleanup. Any suggestions to get this out of the "System"?
    Thanks is advance, Charlie

    Charlie Evans, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Charlie Evans

    The Prophecy Guest

    Charlie Evans wrote:
    > Win XP Pro, Office XP Pro, OE 6. Adobe Programs, etc... I have a dat
    > file in TEMP Folder that will not allow me to delete. file is
    > Perflib_Perfdata-9c. I do a search and it is not there. cannot even
    > find it in safe mode. It is left over from one of the Spyware/ Ad
    > Aware programs that I uninstalled recently during a cleanup. Any
    > suggestions to get this out of the "System"? Thanks is advance,
    > Charlie

    Don't bother trying. Some background process is using the file so you can
    just leave it be.

    The Prophecy, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Charlie Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    I suggest that that file is more like a temporary
    work file for a performance monitor of some kind.

    How come you know it's in your TEMP folder if
    you can't find it?

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 02:47:03 GMT, in
    <HIsAc.61600$>
    Charlie Evans scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Charlie Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    Further info:

    What are the %SystemRoot%\System32\Perflib_Perfdataxxx.dat files?
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBG/TIP3300/rh3343.htm

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Charlie Evans

    Richard Guest

    "Charlie Evans" <> wrote in message
    > Win XP Pro, Office XP Pro, OE 6. Adobe Programs, etc... I have a dat file

    in
    > TEMP Folder that will not allow me to delete. file is

    Perflib_Perfdata-9c.
    > I do a search and it is not there. cannot even find it in safe mode. It

    is
    > left over from one of the Spyware/ Ad Aware programs that I uninstalled
    > recently during a cleanup. Any suggestions to get this out of the

    "System"?
    > Thanks is advance, Charlie

    Press "Ctrl+alt+del" which will show you what programs are running.
    "End task" all but "systray" and "explorer".
    Delete the file then reboot.

    If it is a system monitor file, you should shut that down first.

    Richard, Jun 18, 2004
  6. Charlie Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:18:59 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    >"Charlie Evans" <> wrote in message
    >> Win XP Pro, Office XP Pro, OE 6. Adobe Programs, etc... I have a dat file

    >in
    >> TEMP Folder that will not allow me to delete. file is

    >Perflib_Perfdata-9c.
    >> I do a search and it is not there. cannot even find it in safe mode. It

    >is
    >> left over from one of the Spyware/ Ad Aware programs that I uninstalled
    >> recently during a cleanup. Any suggestions to get this out of the

    >"System"?
    >> Thanks is advance, Charlie
    >>

    >Press "Ctrl+alt+del" which will show you what programs are running.
    >"End task" all but "systray" and "explorer".
    >Delete the file then reboot.

    On Windows XP? Do everybody a favour, Bullis, and
    throw your computer in the garbage.

    °Mike°, Jun 18, 2004
  7. Charlie Evans

    fuctifino Guest

    think you mean win 98 or summot .

    i would have first tryed the files properties or summot to see wtf is up
    with it , then got the hammer out.

    fuctifino, Jun 19, 2004
  8. Charlie Evans

    Boomer Guest

    "fuctifino" <> wrote:

    > think you mean win 98 or summot .
    >
    > i would have first tryed the files properties or summot to see
    > wtf is up with it , then got the hammer out.

    [snip]

    What does 'summot' mean?

    Thanks

    Boomer, Jun 19, 2004
  9. Charlie Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    On 19 Jun 2004 16:10:28 GMT, in
    <40d46573$0$71041$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >"fuctifino" <> wrote:
    >
    >> think you mean win 98 or summot .
    >>
    >> i would have first tryed the files properties or summot to see
    >> wtf is up with it , then got the hammer out.

    >[snip]
    >
    >What does 'summot' mean?
    >
    >Thanks

    Moron speak for "something".

    °Mike°, Jun 19, 2004
  10. Charlie Evans

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote:

    > On 19 Jun 2004 16:10:28 GMT, in
    > <40d46573$0$71041$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>"fuctifino" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> think you mean win 98 or summot .
    >>>
    >>> i would have first tryed the files properties or summot to see
    >>> wtf is up with it , then got the hammer out.

    >>[snip]
    >>
    >>What does 'summot' mean?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > Moron speak for "something".