    left over from one of the Spyware/ Ad Aware programs that I uninstalled
    recently during a cleanup. Any suggestions to get this out of the "System"?
    Thanks is advance, Charlie

    Charlie Evans, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Charlie Evans

    The Prophecy Guest

    Don't bother trying. Some background process is using the file so you can
    just leave it be.

    The Prophecy, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Charlie Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    I suggest that that file is more like a temporary
    work file for a performance monitor of some kind.

    How come you know it's in your TEMP folder if
    you can't find it?

    °Mike°, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Charlie Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Charlie Evans

    Richard Guest

    Press "Ctrl+alt+del" which will show you what programs are running.
    "End task" all but "systray" and "explorer".
    Delete the file then reboot.

    If it is a system monitor file, you should shut that down first.

    Richard, Jun 18, 2004
  6. Charlie Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    On Windows XP? Do everybody a favour, Bullis, and
    throw your computer in the garbage.

    °Mike°, Jun 18, 2004
  7. Charlie Evans

    fuctifino Guest

    think you mean win 98 or summot .

    i would have first tryed the files properties or summot to see wtf is up
    with it , then got the hammer out.

    fuctifino, Jun 19, 2004
  8. Charlie Evans

    Boomer Guest