    Headtheball Guest

    I cannot create a WN at all now after installing xpsp2 on my laptop and
    client computer, what the hell should I do.

    Headtheball, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Headtheball

    Lance Guest

    Headtheball thought carefully and wrote on 9/5/2004 10:42 AM:
    What have you tried? What OS? Exactly what error messages are you getting?

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Headtheball

    Lance Guest

    Headtheball, don't take this the wrong way, but your network is a mess
    and I'm sure you know that. And yes, SP2 may have something to do with
    it, but only as a result of a deeper problem. Believe me, SP2 does work
    exactly as expected and very well when your system is clean and free of
    underlying problems.

    It appears you have established network connectivity in the past, but it
    goes away after awhile. Have you followed basic trouble shooting steps?
    Are drivers/firmware updated? Have these computers been infected with
    viruses/adware/spyware now or in the past? Anything unusual happen
    during SP2 install?

    If you are certain you have a clean system free of
    viruses/adware/spyware, drivers/firmware are updated and all the tick
    marks are as they should be, then here's what I'd do, understanding that
    this may break certain software on your computer:

    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNetwork.htm#Winsock_corruption
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNetwork.htm#TCP/IP_not_working

    Lance
    *****