    I'm hoping this doesn't mean the router is on the way out. Any ideas?
    TIA
    Badger

    Badger, Nov 18, 2009

  2. Badger

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Hi,
    Either laptop works when connected all by itself?

    Tony Hwang, Nov 18, 2009

  3. Badger

    Badger Guest

    Hi,
    Either laptop works when connected all by itself?

    Yes it does. But last night both worked at the same time again. In addition
    I found a mysterious new LAN connection showing up on the netbook with an
    apparent speed of 614.4 kbps. WTF?
    Badger

    Badger, Nov 18, 2009

  4. Check out how many DHCP's your wireless is set to give out. On many routers
    it is the range of IP's it can assign, something like
    192.168.1.10-192.168.1.20. If yours is currently set to allow for only one
    IP then it's first come first served with the second device being ignored.

    Possibly someone else in close vicinity has a similar router setup which is
    interfering with your system.

    Might try changing the subnet on your machine , SSID and or channel number,
    especially if they are at the factory default settings.

    GlowingBlueMist, Nov 19, 2009
  5. Badger

    Badger Guest

    Check out how many DHCP's your wireless is set to give out. On many routers
    it is the range of IP's it can assign, something like
    192.168.1.10-192.168.1.20. If yours is currently set to allow for only one
    IP then it's first come first served with the second device being ignored.

    Possibly someone else in close vicinity has a similar router setup which is
    interfering with your system.

    Might try changing the subnet on your machine , SSID and or channel number,
    especially if they are at the factory default settings.

    "Someone else in close vicinity" is a definite possibility since it only
    started happening recently. I'll fiddle with settings and see what happens.
    Thank you.
    Badger

    Badger, Nov 19, 2009