    sudden I could not connect to the router. I've tried connecting using the
    built in card, a plug in card and I've tried connecting wirelessly to both my
    modem and router and I cannot do any of the above anymore. What gives?

    Chris Bondy, Oct 9, 2008

  2. Chris Bondy

    Chris Bondy Guest

    I also tried to connect my laptop directly to the modem and router with an
    ehternet cable. Cannot get the internet that way either now.

    Chris Bondy, Oct 9, 2008

  3. Chris Bondy

    Chris Bondy Guest

    I ran a dianostics test and it said there was a problem with the winsock
    provider catalogue. I reset it to default but still cannot connect to the
    net.

    Chris Bondy, Oct 9, 2008
  4. Did it mention anything about a "Layered Service Provider" [LSP] with
    respect to Winsock?

    If it did, there was a tool called "LSPfix" that may still be out on the Net
    somewhere that could straighten that out.

    LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
    lspfix.txt. New in this version:. LSP chains entirely verified on program
    start, and status (errors / no errors) now displayed on the program main
    window. ...
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

    LSPFix - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
    Come to CNET Download.com for free and safe LSPFix downloads. Repair Winsock
    2 settings caused by adware and spyware applications.
    http://www.download.com/LSPFix/3000-2085_4-10417026.html - 86k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Oct 9, 2008
  5. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 10, 2008