    what all my setting should be at step by step then I could run through and
    make sure I have it all checked. I don't know what else to do. Please help.
    Thank you in advance.

    Gator, Nov 8, 2008

  2. Gator

    Barb Bowman Guest

    can you post a copy of ipconfig /all as a text file when you can NOT
    connect. and one when you CAN connect

    instructions are at:

    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com/ipconfig-all-how-to-get-text-output/

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Nov 8, 2008

  3. Gator

    Lem Guest

    Have you ever successfully connected using wifi *anywhere*? If not,
    perhaps (a) your laptop does not have built-in wifi or (b) (more likely)
    your laptop's built-in wifi adapter is turned off. Many laptops have
    either a physical switch or a combination of keys to press to turn the
    wifi on and off.

    See the documentation that came with your laptop.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Nov 8, 2008
  4. Hi
    You probably using secure Wireless at Home.
    Free Hot Spots usually are open.
    Try to disable the Wireless Laptop security and see if it works.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 8, 2008