Cannot connect to internet

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sanjay Sobti, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Sanjay Sobti

    Sanjay Sobti Guest

    Hello

    For the last three or four days, I have not been able to connect to the
    internet at least at night-my daughter says she has had no problem during
    the day yesterday and Tuesday. I have contacted DSL provider three days in
    a row-Verizon-Microsoft-E-machines and the vendor who sold me a three year
    warrantee but will charge me to bring it in if it is a software problem-
    The problem is when i click on IE or MSN8 it takes a long time for the home
    page to come up and when it does it only shows the top tool bars and either
    a blank bottom page or the error message:" this page cannot be displayed."
    Verizon claims that their end is fine and they have been very helpful as far
    as having me go through different protocols through cmd and also change
    settings on the internet options and rebooting anpluging etc. to try and
    solve the problem-
    Microsoft told me to Restore system
    The vendor told me to uninstall the DSL program and reinstall
    I've claeaned the pc to the bear bones/defrag/etc.
    Still to no avail
    Any other suggestions?

    Thank You
    Doug

    Sanjay Sobti, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Sanjay Sobti

    Aristiana Guest

    First, it would really help to know if your DSL provider uses PPPoE.

    Ask them if you don't know.

    Aristiana, Dec 11, 2003