    I have full strength signal on client pc, I can ping the router and all of
    the other machines on the network. I have rebooted, ipconfig /release/renew
    but i cannot access the internet.What do I have to do to access the web?

    T5, Dec 17, 2005

  2. T5

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Make sure that you actually have a connection to the Router. One way to find
    out is to enter the Router's IP and see if you can connect to the Router's
    interface (instruction might be found in the Router's Manual).
    If you can Not connect to the Router's menus, then your problem is lack of
    valid Wireless connection.
    If you Can connect to the Router, then it might be an authentication
    problem.How to Fix Cable/DSL Internet authentication (password). -
    http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Dec 18, 2005

  3. maybe DNS is not configured correctly ?
    you can use tracert command to find source of problem.

    Simas Kvilius, Dec 18, 2005