Cannot connect my XP edition to my ME edition to open shared files

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jan 14, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi! I have successfully (I think) made a home network connection between this
    computer (running XP) and another computer (running Windows ME edition). I
    connect via a wireless router and I have cable access for internet
    connection.

    My problem is, I can access the documents housed on the XP computer on the
    ME computer but I cannot connect the XP computer to the ME computer to open
    the shared docs housed on the ME computer. I am able to open up any shared
    folder from the XP computer on the ME computer. So I think I did something
    right.

    Under “My Network Places†on the XP computer, I can see the files I shared
    on the ME computer. A window pops up when I click on the folder housing
    files on the ME computer stating it is connecting to the ME computer. I enter
    the password and it never connects. No other window pops up. What am I doing
    wrong??

    Thanks Linda

    Guest, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Carey Holzman, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Carey. I went through your website and performed the entire set of
    instructions and still the XP won't connect to the ME computer to open the
    files it sees in the "My Network Places".

    Linda

    Guest, Jan 15, 2005
  4. What is the exact error message you get and when do you get it?

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 15, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I don't get an error message. The hourglass just stays on..........

    Guest, Jan 15, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The screen that pops up for me to input the password has 2 keys in the upper
    left corner. I did unistall Norton System Works on the ME computer. I thought
    the password manager may have been the cause...however, no it was not. I
    still cannot connect the XP to the ME....

    Guest, Jan 15, 2005
  7. Unshare everything on the ME computer and then reshare one folder and see if
    you can access it from the other PC.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 15, 2005