    other users experiencing problems, I guess its something to do with
    the update but has anyone any idea what the problem may be?

    Cheers

    Mac, Sep 15, 2003

  2. :One remote user XP Pro, is complaining he can no longer browse the
    :internet while connected to VPN(Cisco VPN Client 3.5 to 1720 router).
    :He had no problems prior to installing a recent security update. No
    :eek:ther users experiencing problems, I guess its something to do with
    :the update but has anyone any idea what the problem may be?

    I don't know much about XP or the VPN client, but just to clear out
    the obvious: is it possible that the settings on the client changed
    so that split tunneling is no longer being requested?

    Also, have you tried reinstalling the VPN client? There's also
    a 4.0 version of the client now.

    Walter Roberson, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Mac

    Dave Guest

    Funny, I'm having the same issue with Sonicwall Global VPN Client running on
    XP Pro. Seems to be an issue with DNS resolution. What happens if you do an
    nslookup while the VPN tunnel is active?

    Dave, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Mac

    Nik Futter Guest

    It's a knowing problem. You have to configure that the "default route" is
    NOT changed to the VPN server. Open the properties for your VPN connection.
    Go to "Network". Double click on TCP/IP protocol. Use button "Advanced".
    Uncheck the feature "default gateway ..."

    Nik Futter, Sep 16, 2003
  5. Mac

    Guest Guest

    If you uncheck the default gateway in your VPN, then your internet browsing
    will not route through the tunnel. I have the same problem with XP Pro, but
    I believe the actual problem was I am experiencing it VPDN on the router
    in conjuction with NAT.

    Guest, Sep 19, 2003
  6. Mac

    Nik Futter Guest

    If you uncheck the default gateway in your VPN, then your internet
    Yes, and in most cases this is what you want. Why should your internet
    browsing go through the VPN tunnel ? Only your network access should go
    through the VPN tunnel.

    Nik Futter, Sep 19, 2003
  7. Program ended abnormally on 19/09/2003 06:58, Due to a catastrophic Nik
    Futter error:
    And then you become a backdoor into your network.

    Francois Labreque, Sep 19, 2003
  8. Mac

    mcpguy

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks

    Thanks a lot for help!

    mcpguy, Feb 19, 2008
  9. Mac

    cacafaca

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0

    You are the man! It works!

    Regards.

    cacafaca, Jul 2, 2009
  10. Mac

    gaston9x19

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can browse, but now can't access network

    I've been having this same problem using the VPN client built into Windows XP Pro, and when I uncheck the "Use remote default gateway" option, yes, I can browse while connected to the VPN, but I can no longer ping (or access) remote computers. Thus, while it fixes the browsing issue, it also defeats the whole purpose of a VPN. It works automatically on another laptop with Windows Vista (go figure!), without having to make any changes in it's default configuration, but not on this OS. Help?

    gaston9x19, Feb 6, 2011