    comments on this particular camra. Any help would be greatly
    appreceated. Thanks.
    The Moose

    levesque.paul, Jan 21, 2006

  2. levesque.paul

    Alan Guest

    <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona620/>

    Alan, Jan 21, 2006

  3. levesque.paul

    Eddie Guest

    Just bought one complete with underwater housing. Early days. Tell you when
    I get back from Oman.

    Eddie

    Eddie, Jan 21, 2006
  4. levesque.paul

    dallanta Guest

    We bought that exact one recently. The batteries seem to hold for a
    good while and it takes clear pics. We did have to get an extra memory
    stick. Learning to use it right seems to be the only problem

    dallanta, Jan 21, 2006
  5. Well, I suggested the 610 for one friend and bought the 610 as a
    present for another friend. The 620 doesn't have usefully more pixels
    (they'll both make a fine 8x10 print if the picture is good) for the
    kind of use it'll have, and the bigger pixel wells on the 610 should
    have less noise.

    I like the tilt/swivel LCD very much. I like the use of AA betteries
    (get NiMH and a good charger). It's pretty decently responsive to the
    shutter release (focusing can be slow in poor light, pre-focusing can
    help).

    I spent a few days playing with the gift camera before delivering it,
    and it seemed very nice.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jan 21, 2006
  6. levesque.paul

    Eddie Guest

    Newbie question! :-(( What are memory sticks?

    Eddie

    Eddie, Jan 21, 2006
  7. levesque.paul

    Alan Guest

    A storage card unsuitable for a cannon A620 which I believe takes SD
    cards :).

    A Memory Stick is the name usually given to the storage card format used
    in Sony (and a few other brand) carneras.

    <http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glossary/Camera_System/Storage_Card_01.h
    tm>

    The internal memory and/or the small size of storage card supplied with
    most (all) digital cameras will only allow you to store a few pictures
    at the best resolution. Many people will purchase a 512M or 1G byte (or
    larger) card that can store hundreds of images.

    A 1G bytes card, of any format, should cost you around 50 GBP
    (including postage and VAT - for UK customers) if you shop around, or
    around 25 GBP for a 512 Mbyte card. I recently purchased a 1G card
    (Duo) for my Sony camera for 45 GBP from Ebay

    Alan, Jan 21, 2006
  8. levesque.paul

    tomcas Guest

    Some owners complain the videos have a hissing sound.

    tomcas, Jan 21, 2006
  9. levesque.paul

    PanHandler Guest

    Make sure you get plenty of ammo for that Cannon.

    PanHandler, Jan 22, 2006
  10. levesque.paul

    Dogfart Guest

    Very happy, use as P&S when I travel.

    Sometimes a little soft in images, but sharpening fixes nicely.

    I find it best to use the viewfinder; maybe too much alcohol over the years
    causes my hands to shake too much when using the screen as a viewfinder.

    Of course, Canon will probably release a stabiliser version next?

    Dogfart, Jan 22, 2006
  11. Thanks Alan, that was most usefull.
    Paul

    levesque.paul, Jan 22, 2006
  12. Thanks Alan, that was most usefull.
    Paul

    levesque.paul, Jan 22, 2006
  13. levesque.paul

    Alan Guest

    Alan, Jan 22, 2006
  14. levesque.paul

    Miles Guest

    Two months ago I was set on purchasing the 610 or 620, but found it too
    large for my pockets (due to the 4 AA batts, which do make a nice area to
    grip). Instead purchased an S-70 which is smaller and has raw, which
    the 610, 620 or S80 do not.

    FYI, a real nice charger is the La Crosse BC900,

    http://lacrossetechnology.com/

    And if you are interested I have a brand new one, never used except to
    charge the batteries once. (It was delivered prior to the 610 I was
    buying from Beach Camera, but even though I ordered it 2-day delivery
    they failed to ship for a week and I left on vacation prior to arrival so
    it was returned.) It includes all that came with it, the case and 8
    batteries, plus 4x2500 mAh and 4x2300 mAh batts, if interested $70 will
    take it.

    Miles

    Miles, Jan 22, 2006