Cannon BJC=250 - Faint Printing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jeff Wisnia, Dec 12, 2004.

  1. Jeff Wisnia

    Jeff Wisnia Guest

    Using a Cannon BJC-250 bubblejet with a black in cartridge.

    When printing web pages and messages which have some colored text in
    them like web links (usually colored blue on the screen), stuff which
    isn't in black on the screen usually prints out as a very light grey,
    difficult to read.

    I'm using the latest driver from Canon on a Win98SE machine.

    Anyone know how to get *everything* to print in black, without greys?
    (Other than cutting and pasting stuff into a text editing program and
    setting the text color for the whole page to black?)

    Thanks guys,

    Jeff
    --
    Jeffry Wisnia

    (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

    schools"

    Jeff Wisnia, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Jeff Wisnia

    why? Guest

    <snip>

    You could try the printer properties and see if there is an option
    'print in black' or color mode to monochrome.

    Me

    why?, Dec 12, 2004

  3. Buy new cartridges

    David Hemingsley, Dec 12, 2004
  4. Jeff Wisnia

    Jeff Wisnia Guest

    Been there, tried all possibilities.

    Thanks anyway,

    Jeff

    --
    Jeffry Wisnia

    (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

    schools"

    Jeff Wisnia, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Jeff Wisnia

    Jeff Wisnia Guest

    One of the first things I tried David. I was born at night, but not
    *last* night.

    Jeff

    "

    Jeff Wisnia, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Jeff Wisnia

    why? Guest

    YW, however it helps to say what you tried or not? You didn't say what
    browser did you?

    On several of the modern browsers you could create a small style sheet
    that sets elements to black for printing.

    It's been a while since I did this, a 1st guess would be.

    Create a text file called print.css, paste the lines below into the file
    and save it. The A:link line is all 1 line, newsreader wrapped it.

    @media print {
    A:link, A:visited { background: white; color: black;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }

    In MSIE , Tools / Internet Options / Accessibility / User Style Sheet /
    tick Format documents .... and browse to the file you saved.

    www.google.com for print css , there are many examples.
    like
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_mediatypes.asp
    http://webdesign.about.com/cs/css/a/aa042103a.htm
    http://builder.com.com/5100-6371-1050180.html

    Allowing for the fact you can't stick in the <LINK lines as you can't
    edit the HTML, you can still create the CSS bit and tell your browser to
    use it, via print preview to check it worked.

    Me

    why?, Dec 13, 2004
  7. Jeff Wisnia

    Jeff Wisnia Guest