    I dont need camera software)
    Thanks for your time
    Brian White

    brian, Nov 16, 2003

  2. brian

    PhotoMan Guest

    Them Cannons use awfully big ammo! :)

    PhotoMan, Nov 16, 2003

  3. brian

    Cesar Guest

    I've got a C. A70, and though I don't do video/audio (just pics) I can tell
    you it works with mandrake 9.2. You can plug your camera and import
    pictures through gphoto2, flphoto or GTKam, or point konqueror to camera:/
    to access it as some kind of a mass storage device.

    I use The Gimp for pictures and panorama to stitch pictures, no need for
    windows here.

    Cesar, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Biggest difference between them is that A70 has manual focus.
    Minolta s414 should be an alternative as well. Big but takes very sharp
    pictures.

    Video in digicams is never above 15frames /sec. which is too low. This makes
    all digicams more or less equally bad at video......

    The cp3100 feels like the most modern of those. It is not as manual as the
    other two, but still a good overall choice if AF is enough.

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Nov 18, 2003