    programs) and it only did half a job.
    It won't even let me re-install without complications.

    How do I remove all traces of McAfee VirusScan Pro version 8 ?

    fruitbat, Jan 31, 2004

  2. fruitbat

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You should go out to the McAfee Website and see if they have an uninstall
    utility to clean it off of the machine. You should use the uninstall
    utility that comes with the software when it was installed in the future.
    If there is no utility or it doesn't work, you may have to *hack* the
    registry to remove it.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 31, 2004

  3. fruitbat

    Thor Guest

    He did use the program's built in utility. Add/remove programs merely
    invokes the program's own uninstaller. It should uninstall properly either
    way.

    Thor, Jan 31, 2004
  4. fruitbat

    mark mandel Guest

    You would also need to go to remove all traces of the McAfee in Windows
    Explorer. Type in McAfee in "Find Files and Folders" and delete all the
    entries that come up. There are apparently some others related to McAfee
    which use another name but I can't recall just now what they are.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Jan 31, 2004
  5. fruitbat

    colin Guest

    Use the same original installatiion, which should give you the option of :
    :install
    :repair
    :uninstall

    colin, Jan 31, 2004