    connection.

    Can I use two different modems with the same internet connection in the
    same house??

    Iain Cheyne, Apr 23, 2006

  2. Iain  Cheyne

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You get a NAT router. One that's a wire/wireless AP router and put a
    wireless NIC or network card in the machine or both machines if you want.

    You should forget about a two modem anything.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 23, 2006

  3. Iain  Cheyne

    Iain Cheyne Guest

    Thanks. It looks like two DSL accounts or finding out some way of
    networking the computers. :eek:(

    Iain Cheyne, Apr 23, 2006
  4. Iain  Cheyne

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Well, without the router, you can get a second NIC and put it into the
    machine that's connected to the modem. With the second NIC in the
    machine, you can drag a RJ45 cable from the second NIC to NIC of the
    other machine and use ICS on the NIC that's connected to the modem.

    Or you can put wireless NIC's in the machines with the one connected to
    the modem using its wire NIC with ICS. You can then use AD-hock mode on
    the wireless NIC's that will allow them to connect to each other and you
    can share the Internet connection that way. You can have two IP's tied
    to your account that can be used by both machines.

    You only got one line and the two modem thing is un-workable, unless you
    get another line put in.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 23, 2006
  5. Iain  Cheyne

    Plato Guest

    Get a router. Easy.

    Plato, Apr 23, 2006
  6. Iain  Cheyne

    Tab Guest

    I use two modems but one has to be switched off when using the other.

    Tab, Apr 23, 2006
  7. Iain  Cheyne

    Flyer Guest

    yes, you'll need two modems, but you won't be able to use them both at the
    same time. Alternatively, get yourself a ADSL/Modem Router, it's a lot less
    bovver than a hover ;-)

    P.

    Flyer, Apr 23, 2006
  8. Iain  Cheyne

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Get a router that will allow both computers to access the internet. Create
    a Home Network; networking does not have to mean sharing each other's files
    and folders; you can use it to just share the connection.

    PuppyKatt, Apr 23, 2006
  9. get 2 wireless network cards and configure them as "ad-hock"
    then use windows XP network connection sharing to share the dsl
    connection from the first PC via the wireless connection to the second PC.

    John Jay Smith, Apr 24, 2006
  10. Iain  Cheyne

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Not at the same time.