    Is there an anti-virus/internet-security software that's good and FREE to
    download? Please recommend. Help is much appreciated!!

    Amy

    amy, Jun 7, 2004

  2. amy

    pb Guest

    Avast! is very nice.

    Paul

    pb, Jun 7, 2004

  3. amy

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004
  4. amy

    Roy Guest

    Roy, Jun 7, 2004
  5. amy

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    and there is a crack for it using k-lite
    but AVG is still one of my favourites.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Jun 7, 2004
  6. amy

    Stickems Guest

    What rubbish.

    Stickems, Jun 7, 2004
  7. amy

    °Mike° Guest

    What's rubbish? Please explain.

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004
  8. amy

    M Guest

    M, Jun 7, 2004
  9. amy

    Martik Guest

    Much better than AVG and excellent free tech support at the same site.

    Martik, Jun 7, 2004
  10. amy

    billybronco Guest

    If youve used it so often, you obviously find it of use, why not pay the £20
    and continue to use it?.

    billybronco, Jun 7, 2004
  11. On 07 Jun 2004, °Mike° wrote
    Clearly, he means the statement that "Free antivirus is an oxymoron".

    Could you specify, please: what aspect(s) of AVG classify the product
    as "rubbish"?

    Please be as precise as possible.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Jun 7, 2004
  12. amy

    Steve Guest

    Exactly. £20 for one year = 0.38 pence per week... so it's virtually
    free anyway. As if anyone can't afford 0.38 per week! :)

    Steve, Jun 7, 2004
  13. amy

    °Mike° Guest

    Clearly you are surmising.
    I have done so, many times in this group.
    This line doesn't work, sorry. See above, and look it up.

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004
  14. amy

    pb Guest

    Uh, it's free.

    pb, Jun 8, 2004
  15. amy

    jimpgh2002 Guest

    I use "avast"...so far, so good.

    jimpgh2002, Jun 8, 2004
  16. amy

    Plato Guest

    I can find that amount every week by simply couch fishing.

    Plato, Jun 8, 2004
  17. amy

    Jim Scott Guest

    Me too.
    --
    Jim

    Tyneside - North East of England
    To email me directly omit the X from my address
    Visit http://freespace.virgin.net/mr.jimscott

    Jim Scott, Jun 8, 2004
  18. amy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Plato posted:
    Soon to become an Olympic event .. couches will all be vetted for size,
    weight, colour and depth of cushion.

    Paul - xxx, Jun 8, 2004
  19. amy

    Brian Guest