    possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
    router? If so how?

    Thanks

    SS, Nov 17, 2007

  2. SS

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Nov 17, 2007

  3. SS

    why? Guest

    No difference, a router connects (networks) computers together. Your
    method ftp, sharing folders needs setup just the same way.

    How, the usual list of networking links search 24HSHD

    You didn't say what OS, so no point in reposting the links or specific
    XP home networking.

    If you look for the message ID
    <>
    at
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
    there is some XP links.

    then 1 of the general lists from a Plato post
    <4670c994$0$189$>

    there are others, now you know what to look for.

    Me

    why?, Nov 17, 2007
  4. SS

    richard Guest

    In xp you can right click on the folder and turn on file sharing.
    In vista, right click and click "share".

    richard, Nov 17, 2007
  5. SS

    SS Guest

    OK ta. But when these are 'shared' then how do I then 'look' at those
    folders from another machine?

    By the way I have 3 - 98SE, XP and Vista - just to be awkward!

    SS, Nov 18, 2007
  6. SS

    why? Guest

    You read the guide
    http://compnetworking.about.com/b/2005/03/10/windows-network-file-sharing.htm
    posted by sittingduck
    This is the sort of thing you mention in your 1st post.

    That's not awkward, it's all Win and will easily work. File sharing
    works across Win 2000 / XP / Solaris / Linux and FreeBSD on the same
    router..

    Me

    why?, Nov 18, 2007