    Can you plug a wired nic into a Access point ? Which will connect to a
    wirless router ?

    Just wondering if it will work ?

    Charlie, Aug 20, 2005

  2. An access point can run directly off of a computer, but I've got a
    feeling we're not really communicating here. What is it you're trying to
    do? How many computers, is there internet access involved, what kind of
    AP, what kind of router?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 21, 2005

  3. Charlie

    why? Guest

    Yes, it might be designed to do just that.
    Yes, why not?

    Try looking at
    www.netgear.com
    www.belkin.com

    they (quite often) have manuals to download with diagrams of different
    connection setups and example on the online product guides.

    Then there are the setup guides and other networking links posted fairly
    often in 24hshd, search

    Me

    why?, Aug 21, 2005
  4. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Belkin access point , plugged into a realtek pci ethernet cards RG58,
    connecting wirelessly to a Linksys wireless G router.
    Sounds promising. Ill try iy today.

    Charlie, Aug 21, 2005