    sound plays and I click over to TB all excited just to see its just
    another spam sitting in my junk folder. Is there a way to TB will only
    alert you to inbox mail and NOT junk mail??

    Axl, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Axl

    Gnomalarta Guest

    Whilst decanting a beer Gnomalarta smiled when he saw that Axl had written
    in
    Out of interest, what accuracy are you getting, how may false positives &
    negitives?

    Charlie.

    Gnomalarta, Aug 30, 2003

  3. Axl

    Axl Guest

    IS there a way to check actual #s? Estimating, I'd say 90% accuracy
    right now if not better.

    Axl, Aug 30, 2003
  4. Axl

    Gnomalarta Guest

    Whilst decanting a beer Gnomalarta smiled when he saw that Axl had
    written in
    Good point! I ask because I have used K9 (www.keir.net)for some time and
    when I switched from OE to Thunderbird I disabled K9 to see how the bird
    dealt with spam. I would estimate that I got, at best, the same as you but
    it never really got better and K9 had always been better than that. But I
    do like the idea of an integrated Bayesian filter as opposed to a proxy,
    which K9 is.

    Checking my current K9 stats I see that accuracy for the past 40 day is
    99.1 per cent and for the past 20 days it's 99.9 per cent. The latter
    figure is due to 1 email having to be reclassified as Good (not spam). The
    40 day figure is due to 12 emails being reclassified as good and 2 as spam.

    Charlie.

    Gnomalarta, Aug 30, 2003