    I wonder if anything is available in another coutry (my folks are in
    the UK) which could be used over here.

    Thanks for any advice

    DeanB, Mar 6, 2009

  2. DeanB

    sandy58 Guest

    I don't know if this is what you want but I have a mobile with approx.
    £12 of £20 that I put in over three years ago. It still
    works ........if/when I charge it. I don't like carrying a mobile. :)
    It's from Virgin. (No SPAM intended here!) :)

    sandy58, Mar 6, 2009

  3. The question the OP posed was:

    The OP wanted to know if a pre-paid cell phone sim card from UK
    would work on a network in the States. No they won't.
    But the google groups fool offered this worthless reply:

    Richard Of Virgin, Mar 6, 2009
  4. It's called network coverage, and no what you want
    from a foreign sourced sim card is not possible.
    What is stopping you from contacting one of the
    cellular services in your locality and asking each
    if they supply a non expiring pre-paid service -
    they will.
    Or just pop into your local Fry's or Wal-Mart,
    goto the appropriate section, speak to a rep, read the
    contract, within five minutes you will have exactly
    what you want without having to post to silly newsgroups
    and get replies from fools on google.

    Richard Of Virgin, Mar 6, 2009
  5. DeanB

    sandy58 Guest