    If not "in-camera" is there an accessory for doing time lapse or remote
    control shooting?
    Thanks.

    Jim Waggener, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Jim Waggener

    peweg Guest

    Canon makes the RC-1 and RC-5 infrared remote controls. They also make
    a wired remote control - I don't know the model.

    peweg, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Jim Waggener

    DHB Guest

    The wired remote for the Digital Rebel /300D is the "RS-60E3" available
    from B&H:

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=70561&is=REG

    There are many other vendors on-line & some of the larger camera shops
    might carry this accessory as well. If I recall correctly both the RC-1 &
    RC-5 IR remotes will also work with the Digital Rebel /300D however you will
    need to be in the line of sight of the front of the camera to use them since
    the IR sensor is located on the hand grip facing forward. Yes the optical
    signal could be bounced off a mirror to allow you to operate it from a
    different location. A hand held laser pointer will work well to help you
    line up a mirror.

    Don't know what your intent is but there are other options including RF
    remote control to trigger it as well but that's quite expensive unless you
    build / adapt your own for this application. If this is something you are
    interested in let me know since I plan to build both a programmable
    time-lapse unit & RF remote shutter release for use on a different camera
    but the principle would be the same & could be used on the Digital Rebel
    /300D or almost any camera. This is 1 of my winter projects & I would be
    willing to share this information if it might be helpful to you.

    Respectfully, DHB

    DHB, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Jim Waggener

    DHB Guest