    the technician probably saw all kind of people trying to do the very same
    thing !!

    It is a bad idea or feasable ?? I have $10.00 dollars on the table ;-)

    Richard, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Richard

    Michael-NC Guest

    Bad idea. He's not going to get a _new_ computer. Tell him to check his
    warranty. He'll get a refurbed replacement or it may even be a prorated
    warranty.

    There's no free lunch.

    Michael-NC, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Richard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    On top of the fact he won't get to go from his P3 550 or whatever he
    happens to have to an Athlon XP 3200 or P4 3.2 ghz, there is also another
    small matter. If he attempts to destroy the machine, and then tries to get
    it replaced under warranty and it is found that he did it on purpose, he
    could face fraud charges

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 27, 2003
  4. From: "Richard"
    Give me a minute.

    caveat lector - reader beware, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Richard

    Plato Guest

    bad idea

    Plato, Oct 28, 2003