can x^2 + y^2 = square root of -4?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Solar^, Jan 28, 2006.

  1. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    That is interesting. Please continue.

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006

  2. Martik wrote:

    What answer would please you most?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Solar^

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Leythos spewed forth:
    A similar issue was discussed recently regarding swap files, and putting one
    in a separate partition on a single drive. Boy, would that drive the head
    back and forth <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 30, 2006
  4. Toolman Tim wrote:

    In news:YthDf.72742$,
    I'm not sure I understand you fully.

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  5. Solar^

    Martik Guest

    Wonder how long 30million recs would take to sort now?

    Martik, Jan 30, 2006

    Are such questions much on your mind?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
    Do you want my mind?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    Why do you say your mind?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006

    Oh, I say my mind?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  10. Solar^

    Leythos Guest

    We sort about 2mm every evening for multiple result outputs, it takes
    about 10 seconds - I would guess that 30mm would take about 15*1.25
    times as long. (I would not figure on a direct multiplier).

    Leythos, Jan 30, 2006

    Does that suggest anything else which belongs to you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  12. Leythos wrote:

    says...
    Why not?