    CNewman Guest

    Is there any literature to prove this? that I know from research this cannot
    be done.

    CNewman, Oct 18, 2005

  2. CNewman

    McSpreader Guest

    Yes, and No.
    I have both WPA and WEP operating on my network, but only by using
    two separate access points. I researched this a couple of years ago
    and couldn't find any existing or planned AP product in the SoHo
    market that can do both concurrently - anyone who knows differently
    please correct me if that is no longer accurate.

    A client laptop PC can be configured to use a mix of WEP or WPA
    secured networks, but will only be connected to one type of WLAN at a
    time (unless it is fitted with multiple wireless adapters and there
    are multiple networks in range).

    McSpreader, Oct 18, 2005