    something?

    Thanks,

    Frank

    ECLiPSE 2002, Nov 29, 2003

  2. ECLiPSE 2002

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003

  3. ECLiPSE 2002

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Greetings

    To play video encoded with WM9 series you must have WMP9 installed. You
    cant play WM9 video in WMP7.

    Chris Lanier, Nov 29, 2003
  4. ECLiPSE 2002

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Wrong....

    In

    Juan Pérez, Nov 29, 2003
  5. ECLiPSE 2002

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Juan Pérez, Nov 29, 2003
  6. ECLiPSE 2002

    dj.forest Guest

    dj.forest, Nov 29, 2003
  7. ECLiPSE 2002

    °Mike° Guest

    WRONG! You can even play them in WMP 6.4.

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Howdy!

    You can't, huh? Strange - my copy of WMP 6.4 plays them fine, with
    the WMP9 codecs installed.

    You MIGHT want to try reading the blurbs at WindowsUpdate sometimes

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 29, 2003
  9. ECLiPSE 2002

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Chris Lanier, Nov 29, 2003
  10. ECLiPSE 2002

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Chris Lanier, Nov 29, 2003
  11. ECLiPSE 2002

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Chris Lanier, Nov 29, 2003
  12. ECLiPSE 2002

    °Mike° Guest

    No, you are wrong, period.

    You stated:
    "To play video encoded with WM9 series you must have WMP9
    installed. You cant play WM9 video in WMP7."
    That is *wrong*.

    I stated:
    "You can even play them in WMP 6.4."
    That is *correct*.

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  13. ECLiPSE 2002

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Take a look at the site and then read it. You can only play Windows Media
    Video 9 General encoded video in MP 6.4 you cant play interlaced video

    Chris Lanier, Nov 29, 2003
  14. ECLiPSE 2002

    °Mike° Guest

    I looked at the site. I have WMP 6.4, and I *can* play
    WMP9 files. You are wrong.

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  15. ECLiPSE 2002

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Thank you for reading.

    Interlacing Requires Windows Media Player 9 Series (or SDK), Windows
    XP, and graphic card with TV output. Automatic deinterlacing at the decoder
    in earlier Player versions and operating systems

    Frame interpolation Requires Windows Media Player 9 Series (or SDK)
    and Windows XP. Not supported in earlier Player versions and operating
    systems.

    Windows Media Video 9 Screen General Plays in Windows Media Player 7
    and later.
    Does not play in Windows Media Player 6.4. Codec downloads
    automatically in Windows Media Player 7 and later.
    Windows Media Player 6.4 cannot find the codec.

    Chris Lanier, Nov 29, 2003
  16. ECLiPSE 2002

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok, I'll say it one more time, just so that it has time to
    sink in.

    You stated:
    "To play video encoded with WM9 series you must have WMP9
    installed. You cant play WM9 video in WMP7."
    That is *wrong*.

    I stated:
    "You can even play them in WMP 6.4."
    That is *correct*.

    You were and are WRONG. Myself, and others that corrected you
    were and are RIGHT. Get it?

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  17. ECLiPSE 2002

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Now ignoring °Mike°, once you learn to read what others have typed I will
    continued this conversation.

    Chris Lanier, Nov 29, 2003
  18. ECLiPSE 2002

    °Mike° Guest

    It is *you* that needs to read what others, *and* yourself
    have typed, idiot.

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  19. ECLiPSE 2002

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest

    Here is what is stated at the MS web site..."Windows Media Audio and
    Video 9 Series codecs are automatically downloaded by Windows Media
    Player 7.1 and Windows Media Player for Windows XP. The Windows Media
    Video 9 and Windows Media Audio 9 Voice codecs get downloaded
    automatically into Windows Media Player 6.4, and the Windows Media
    Audio 9 codec is backwards compatible to play in previous players and
    consumer electronics devices. But to get the ultimate experience, you
    should download Windows Media Player 9 Series for playing, and Windows
    Media Encoder 9 Series for creating new content

    Is this saying that I don't have to manually download anything such as
    "Codecs Installation Package for Windows Media
    Video 9 VCM"?

    Frank

    ECLiPSE 2002, Nov 29, 2003
  20. ECLiPSE 2002

    °Mike° Guest

    Holy shit! Here, hold my hand... come on, hold my hand -
    I'll download it for you, right where it says "Download now".

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003