    Can I move WINNT to the 2nd disk and free up space on the C drive? If so
    how? Can I create a logical link?

    thanks in advance

    Stu, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Your life would be much easier if you "ghost" the C: drive to the D:
    drive. Then switch the cables/jumpers so that your D: drive is now the
    C: drive.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Stu

    why? Guest

    Not, the way you are asking.

    If drive C is on it's own physical disk, buy a new bigger disk and Ghost
    C to the new disk , then take out the old C and work from the new disk.

    If it isn't on it's own drive, you could try making several backups,
    using Ghost (on CD/DVD) , test the backups , reformat and copy the Ghost
    image back , selecting new partition sizes.

    Similar Ghost backups, test. Use a partition manager to reduce size /
    move D: partition, increase space for C: partition

    There are other similar partition / image apps from Paragon and
    Symantec.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jan 12, 2006
  4. Stu

    old man Guest

    How large is your C drive? if it only contains win then 10gb is large enough

    old man, Jan 12, 2006
  5. Stu

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Move it with Windows Explorer.
    Don't expect it to work though.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Jan 13, 2006
  6. Stu

    Stu Guest

    no, it says can't read from source file on disk....

    Stu, Jan 15, 2006