    cores simultanuously. Is it true?

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    gm

    tech support, Dec 31, 2007

  2. tech support

    why? Guest

    Ask the place you bought it from.

    You can set the affinity for a running app.

    You didn't mention which ver of XP.

    XP Home 1 core is supported.

    XP Pro supports 1
    It's suspected you mean what apps run on multi core. OS support is 1
    thing apps not having the ability to run on 2 is another.
    Like this sort of help

    www.google.com
    windows xp multi processor

    Results 1 - 10 of about 4,930,000 English pages for
    windows xp multi processor
    .. (0.27 seconds)

    That looks easy, then you get -

    Multicore Processor Licensing
    A processor containing multiple cores, leveraging its ability to execute
    multiple tasks, ... Microsoft Windows XP Home supports one processor.
    www.microsoft.com/licensing/highlights/multicore.mspx - 12k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    - oh and these as well as many more,

    Windows XP Comparison Guide
    Compare the features of Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP
    Professional. ... Scalable processor support – up to two-way
    multi-processor support. ...
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx - 20k - Cached -
    Similar pages
    [ More results from www.microsoft.com ]

    Does XP support multiple processor cores?
    While Windows XP Home does not support more than one physical processor,
    there's a lot of confusion about whether or not it supports multiple
    processor ...
    http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid68_gci1189223,00.html
    - 47k - Cached - Similar pages

    Computers that are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and that are ...
    Windows XP SP2 is required on computers that have multiple CPUs that
    support ACPI processor performance states. This requirement includes
    computers that ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256 - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Dec 31, 2007

  3. tech support

    tech support Guest

    Thank you for the info. From the link about confusion seems to follow that
    my processr is supported even by XP Home which is a good new to me. : (

    tech support, Dec 31, 2007
  4. tech support

    Brian Cryer Guest

    The PC I have is a dual core (Intel), and XP Pro makes use of both cores.
    Don't know about XP Home.

    Brian Cryer, Jan 2, 2008